Friday, March 1, 2013

Mahogany Lowlights


 Meet Melinda, my sis-in-law.

Last time I did her hair I was in beauty school. At that time she wanted "reddish streaks" in her hair. And with the help of my instructors, I was able to successfully give her just what she wanted. Though it took a REALLY. LONG. TIME!

That was over a year ago.

I've come a long way since then.

This go round, she wanted pretty much the same thing. She specified that she wanted it kind of chunky, so it would be noticeable. But it needed to be classy as well, as she just landed a new job. Good job, Mel!

So, I decided to give her a full head of highlights using a 20 volume developer. This would give me the perfect working palette to add that beautiful mahogany shade of red to. She processed for about 30 minutes.




I then added Redken Shades EQ Gloss in 3RB to her entire head and heat processed for 20 minutes. Heat processing is my favorite way of using Shades EQ. It provides a better hold and a more vibrant color.

The end result was a lot of GORGEOUS!




No comments:

Post a Comment